Sideritis (Mountain Tea)
ABOUT MOUNTAIN TEA (WOLD TEA)
You will be very surprised when you recognize the mountain tea, which looks like sage at first glance, and maybe that's why you might have thought it was sage even if you had seen it before, and just passed by.
What is Mountain Stream or Highland Stream?
Mountain tea is a perennial herb that is frequently found in our country, whose homeland is known as Europe and Asia, and therefore has landed on both continents. So much so that it would not be wrong to say that it is very possible to come across him in the forests, bushes, highlands, and mountain skirts of the Western Black Sea, Mediterranean, Aegean, Marmara, and Southeastern Anatolia.
This mountain tea plant, which is also known as highland tea among the people, can be easily distinguished from it because it has a harder structure, although it is confused with the sage plant. The leaves of this plant, which can reach up to 1 meter in length, can reach a thickness of about 2-3 centimeters and can be recognized immediately with its light green-gray tones.
It is known that the mountain tea plant, which contributes to our health because it contains many essential oils that are beneficial for our body, is even used in medicine. While there are more than 10 types of mountain tea in our country, herbal teas and online shopping sites that sell natural products are among the places where you can easily obtain the types suitable for consumption.
Benefits of the mountain tea plant
- Mountain tea, which has strong antioxidant properties, protects the body from free radicals, thereby strengthening the immune system.
- It prevents diseases such as flu, colds, and flu, and supports the faster recovery of existing diseases.
- It has an expectorant effect.
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it minimizes the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- It is also known to have a blood-thinning effect.
- It supports the rapid recovery of the problem of inflammation in different parts of the body and significantly prevents the recurrence of this problem.
- By facilitating digestion, prevents stomach pains and bloating caused by indigestion.
- By supporting the healthy functioning of the intestines, it allows problems such as gas and constipation to pass quickly.
- Because of all these properties, it creates an appetizing effect.
- Mountain tea, which is said to relax the nerves, also helps us cope with stress and insomnia problems caused by stress.
- It allows women in their menstrual period to spend this period in a much more peaceful way.
- Mountain tea, which also helps those who have urinary tract infections, is also effective in solving this problem more quickly.
- Finally, mountain tea, when used correctly with the effect of the essential oils in it, helps the hair strands to be stronger by feeding the hair follicles.
How to consume mountain tea?Mountain tea plant is a plant that is mostly consumed by brewing tea. It is also very easy to prepare the dried mountain tea you buy from herbalists or online shopping sites. Although it is enough to apply the methods you do when brewing many other herbs, let's explain it for those who want a detailed recipe.
Necessary ingredients for the "Mountain Tea" tea recipe:
1 cup of boiling water
1 handful of dried mountain tea (Flowers and leaves should be together)
Honey, lemon (as desired)
How to make mountain tea?You can use two different methods to brew mountain tea. First, add mountain tea into the hot water you have boiled and set aside, and let it brew for 5-10 minutes (according to your taste). Then strain the tea, separate the grains from it and, if you wish, wait for it to warm up a little, add honey and lemon and drink it with pleasure.
The second method is the direct boiling method, which is not recommended nowadays but is used for hard-structured plants such as mountain tea. Transfer a glass of room temperature water and a handful of mountain herbs to a small teapot or saucepan and boil together for 5 minutes. Then, as in the first method, strain and separate the grains from it, wait for it to cool down, and consume it plain or with the addition of honey-lemon if you wish. That's it!